Refugee Information and Support
British Red Cross - Family Reunion
at Oasis Cardiff, 69b Splott Road, Splott, Cardiff. CF24 2BW
Contact: Sophie Collings - - 07808731698
Raoul Hodgson - - 07701284419
Mohammad Hamayun - - 07701319486
If you have refugee status, and have obtained a visa for your family to come to the UK, the British Red Cross can support you with the following services:
- Family Reunion Travel Assistance, to help cover the costs of your family travelling to the UK.
- Pre-reunion planning and support, to ensure you are prepared for when your family arrive.
- Post-reunion support, including support with applying for housing, benefits and school.
Move On Project at WRC
Welsh Refugee Council, 120-122, Broadway, Adamsdown, Cardiff. CF24 1NJ
Tel: 029 2048 9800
Open Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 12:30pm and from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
The Move On Project provides specialist support, advice and guidance to individuals who have been granted refugee status or other forms of leave to remain within the asylum system.
Refugee Integration Project at Oasis Cardiff
69B Splott Road, Splott, Cardiff. CF24 2BW
Tel: 029 2046 0424
Open Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 4:00pm
Oasis Cardiff has two Integration Officers who provide specialist support, advice and guidance to those who have recently received their Refugee status and other forms of Leave to Remain.
WARD (Wales Asylum Seeker & Refugee Doctor & Dentist’s Group) - DPIA
Hastings House, Fitzalan Pl, Cardiff. CF24 0BL
Tel: 029 2078 9733
Contact : Sarah Allen, WARD Project Manager - - 07496 840 479
The goal of WARD is to assist doctors and dentists across Wales to register with the General Medical Council (GMC) and achieve a career within the NHS. Some of the things the project does includes:
- Run weekly IELTS/OET language classes from their Cardiff office
- Cover the costs of PLAB1, PLAB2 and IELTS/OET examinations
- Provide support for PLAB1 and PLAB2 medical examinations
- Provide access to study materials and textbooks, medical mannequins and instruments for practice.
- Facilitate entry to the BMA Refugee Doctor Initiative
- Allocation of and induction to Supernumerary posts
- Assistance with GMC registration
WARD has been running since 2002, and to date 207 doctors and dentists have benefited from the project.